Nurture your creative heart
Workshops & Classes
I teach a range of art classes and camps at local venues. You can find current and upcoming classes on the interactive events calendar to the right. Click on a date or event to learn more and to register.
NEW! Artist Open Studio
Have you always wanted to try painting or mixed media work? Have you painted in the past but you're feeling "rusty" or timid - this is a great option for you. Explore and create in my home studio, a relaxed, nurturing environment. Paint with acrylic, or liquid watercolor, gouache (highly pigmented watercolor), oil and soft pastels. Try collage and small sculpting projects with fabric, paper, wood, metal, glass, and other mixed media. The possibilities are endless! Bring your own mixed media materials or use some of mine. Select subjects of your choice & receive individualized technique tips, encouragement & support to begin your painting adventure. Complete beginners are encouraged! All basic materials included (paint, paper, up to two canvasses, and brushes).
"I loved participating in Kristen’s open studio. I brought my own project (that I wasn’t making ANY progress on by myself), and she gave me lots of guidance, encouragement and tips on how to move forward. She checked in with me throughout the two-hour session to see if I needed help, which I often did, and turned me on to new techniques to help my project come to life. I especially liked how Kristen helped me to actualize ‘my vision’ for the painting, instead of imposing her personal style. Kristen is a talented teacher and has a vast array of artistic experience and skills to offer; I will definitely do more open studio sessions with her in the future." ~ Kara G., Burlington, VT
This option is available as a single 2 hour session by appointment at this time. Fee: $40
Beginning Fall 2017 open studio will be held weekly (day tbd). 6 session punch cards will be available for purchase for $220 ($20 savings). 3 session punch cards for $110 ($10 savings).
Private & Small Group Instruction, in my studio or your home
I'm available for the following:
- Developing basic to advanced skills in painting (acrylic, oil, watercolor), drawing (pencil, charcoal, pastel, ink), art bookmaking/altered books, assemblage/sculpture, and digital photography in a supportive, student-directed, atmosphere where the goal is rigorous exploration, practice, and enjoyment.
- Organizing a home art studio
- Feedback/Critique on your art
- Building and polishing your art portfolio (for college or prep school)
I can meet with you at my home studio in Georgia, VT, or at your home at a time that's convenient for you.
Instruction Fee: $60 for 1.5 hour sessions. Two students (Mom or Dad and child, couples, friends) is $80 for 1.5 hours and three students is $100.
Transport fee: $15 per session (for drive time, set up and tear down outside my studio).
I provide the non-consumable tools as needed (brushes, easels, and other items).
why should I consider this when I can just take a class?
- Private or small group instruction is flexible, designed to fit your schedule.
- You'll be in a place you choose, somewhere comfortable, with no parking hassles and no schlepping supplies to and from class. It's all right there for you.
- You'll learn and practice with a group of people you know.
- Instruction is customized and personalized to your goals, your pace, and your skill set.
- You get more for learning, more practice, more value for your money.
I hold degrees in studio art, and work as a teaching artist both in and outside the school setting. I hold a VT license in Art Education for PreK-12 with Highly Qualified Teacher status.
To learn more connect with me here.
Pro Artist Workshop with Kristen M. Watson & Mary Admasian
SORRY, THIS PROARTIST WORKSHOP HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
"You're everywhere! How do you do it?" Mary and I hear this alot.
We get asked all the time how we get so much publicity for our shows, how we got an exhibit in this or that space and how we do such a professional job handling our marketing. Well, we decided to organize a workshop to share some of our know-how and experiences with you.
This is the first in a series of workshops we'll be holding around the state of Vermont for artist who want to take their practice to a professional level.
Some of the topics we'll be covering:
- How to network effectively, and have fun doing it.
- Creating effective print media
- Creating effective social media presence
- Website basics
- And more!
The workshop will be a mix of presentation and interactive exercises.
Join us won't you?
Saturday, May 20th, 9am-Noon
New City Galerie, 132 Church Street (across from BCA)
Parking: Bank St. Garage (First two hours free!)
Only 12 slots available so don't wait to sign up.
When: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 9am-Noon
Where: New City Galerie, 132 Church St. (across from BCA)
Parking: Bank St. Garage (First two hours free!)
Only 12 slots available, so sign up now.